The ALAC (Australian Little Athletics Championships) is a one-day event held every year, hosted by each State or Territory on a rotational basis. All States and Territories, apart from the Northern Territory, are represented at the championships.
The ALAC encompasses the Australian Teams Championships for Under 13 athletes and the Australian Multi Event Championships for Under 15 athletes.
Selection in the Little Athletics NSW State Team is considered a great honour and a major highlight of Little Athletics involvement.
The 2015 ASICS ALAC will be held on Sunday, 26 April at the WA Athletics Stadium, Perth
The proposed 2015 State team program is:
- Team Camp 1: Monday, 6 April 2015 (4.30pm) to Wednesday, 8 April 2015 (3.00pm) at the Sydney Academy of Sport & Recreation, Narrabeen
- Team Camp 2: Friday, 17 April 2015 (4.30pm) to Sunday, 19 April 2015 (3.00pm) at the Sydney Academy of Sport & Recreation, Narrabeen
- Team Travels to Perth: Thursday, 23 April 2015 (Team will travel and be accommodated together).
- Australian Little Athletics Championships: Sunday, 26 April 2015, 8am to 5.30pm, WA Athletics Stadium, Stephenson Ave, Mt Claremont, WA
- Team returns to Sydney: Monday, 27 April 2015
- Team members are required to attend all scheduled team activities including both pre-championship camps.
- Both team camps are scheduled to take place during school holidays.
- Team Camp 1 begins on Easter Monday.
- A Parent/Guardian of each team members is required to attend a State Team Introductory Session with their son/daughter on Monday 6 April, 2015 (Easter Monday) at the Sydney Academy of Sport & Recreation, Narrabeen, which coincides with the start of Team Camp 1.